About Me

My photo
This is Blog Cabin. It is the digital version of Log Cabin. Log Cabin is an art distribution centered around friends that share likeminded musical and aesthetic tastes. Hopefully Blog Cabin is as mildly enjoyable as the real deal. Enjoy!

Saturday, November 23, 2013

VAN LIFE 8: CANNED OXYGEN SENSOR









God made the birds
And God made B
She's canned oxygen to me

Because Beatrice had a blown head gasket, quite a bit of coolant was getting into the fuel system, ultimately damaging the oxygen sensor. And since ol' B has been running a bit rough since she got a new engine put in her--somewhat terrible acceleration, resulting in a bizarre sluggishness--I thought I would at least eliminate this component as a possible cause for the issue. It could just as well be a distributor vacuum advance issue, too. We'll wait and see. I had a nice conversation with Thee Flying Seahorse on my drive back from Orange County, and he enlightened me on new-engine protocol such as driving tips and recommended oil changes for the first 1500 miles. I still have quite a bit of miles to put on B before the engine is fully broken in. Fingers crossed this quick-fix helps. If anything, I'm hoping for better gas mileage. This post sucks.

No comments:

Post a Comment