About Me

My photo
This is Blog Cabin. It is the digital version of Log Cabin. Log Cabin is an art distribution centered around friends that share likeminded musical and aesthetic tastes. Hopefully Blog Cabin is as mildly enjoyable as the real deal. Enjoy!

Wednesday, October 23, 2013

Cluster F***







My brake pedal return spring went out on me.  The spring returns the pedal from inserting an attached pushrod into a plunge which engages the master cylinder to release brake fluid.  Super analog brake system.  Since the spring was loose and would not return the brake pedal, the push rod was free to plunge itself silly and use all of my brake fluid.  Evan and I had to disengage the clutch, remove the pedal cluster, disassemble the pedal cluster, put a new spring back on and then reverse the process.  Tim at OC Bugworks gave us some pointers on fine tuning the clutch and now my car stops and shifts better than ever.  DIY OR DIE.  Unless it's insane, at which point you should probably get a mechanic to do it.  I also saved a super radical t-shirt from becoming an oil rag and admired the 67's while the garage was popped.

No comments:

Post a Comment